Academic Prometric IT Test Center Information
Authorized Prometric Testing Centers (APTCs) are dedicated to the delivery of certification tests for professionals in information technology. This includes test delivery services for our 100 partners such as Microsoft, Cisco, Novell, Sun, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Apple, CompTIA, Oracle and Citrix amongst others.
Benefits of delivering APTC exams ? Access to discounted exams: Cost savings on select exams for your students, faculty, and staff
(discount amount depends on geographic location) ? Convenient on-site testing facility for students, faculty, and staff: Save time and costs by
eliminating the need to travel to another testing center off-site or in another city ? Flexible testing center configurations: Allow your center to offer public testing to the
surrounding community as well as your students or offer testing only to your students and staff
using an existing classroom lab for private testing on demand
? No application, setup, renewal fees, or minimums on volume ? Convenience: Examinations are delivered to test centers on personal computers at individual
workstations using Client Server and Local Area Networks. Test sites can therefore offer
different tests simultaneously. ? Immediate Scoring and Results: Prometric computer-based tests can be scored immediately
and results may be given to candidates before they leave the test center. ? Security: We provide an unmatched level of security. Using our client server environment, test
data is completely secure. All testing information is retained on a secure file server, encoded and transmitted regularly to and from the host computer. No floppy disks are used at individual workstations, ensuring that there is no possibility of tampering or exposure to computer viruses.
Operator agrees that it will maintain and provide at the Operator’s sole expense all of the following:
? Software Security: Operator agrees to maintain and utilize Prometric’s required software security mechanisms which will be used to monitor and maintain the security of all Proprietary and Confidential Information, tests, tests items and Prometric Testing Software.
? Data Privacy: Operator agrees that it will only use Candidate names or Candidate-related personal information obtained through the registration or testing process solely for the purpose of fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement.
? Physical Security: Operator agrees to provide a testing facility (“Facility”) convenient for access by Candidates (including those who are disabled) and suited for secure testing purposes, as specified by Prometric in its Manual.
? Transmission of Data to Prometric: Operator will, in conformance with the Manual, transmit back to Prometric all Candidate data files, supervisor reports and other test-related files.
? Commencement of Testing: Operator agrees that it will have all hardware and software installed and be prepared to administer tests within thirty (30) days of the effective date.
Testing Room Facilities
1. The testing room must be quiet and free from distractions such as printers, copiers, conversations, and general facility traffic.
2. The testing room should be pleasantly and comfortably furnished. The room should be well lighted, must have proper ventilation and be temperature controlled during testing for general comfort.
3. The testing room shall contain no materials (reference texts, posters, etc.) that are related to the subject matter of the tests.
4. The testing room and equipment will be dedicated to testing based on your pre-determined schedule.
5. Each testing workstation will be separated by an acoustical partition and located such that no candidate can read the monitor of another candidate. *Partitions are strongly preferred, however, in cases where partitions aren’t available, no one work station should not have any direct line of site to another with a minimum of 5 feet (1.524 meters) between workstations unless privacy screens are used, then a 3 foot (.9144 meter) minimum would be acceptable.
6. The available desktop space at each workstation must be at least 3 feet (.9144 meters) wide by 2 feet (.6096 meters) deep.
7. The room will be furnished with workstation furniture that is ergonomically designed to allow for adult candidate comfort during testing.
8. The Test Center and testing room must meet American Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements for disabled persons access, or other similar disabled persons requirements according to local law, and at minimum, permit wheelchair access.
Immediate Testing Area
Your test center must include:
1. Space outside but near the testing room that can be used to support an administrator workstation and printer.
2. Space outside but near the testing room for the file server. This should be a secure area with a non-interruptible power supply attached to the file server.
3. A secure storage area, such as a lockable file cabinet or other lockable cabinet, outside the testing room, to securely store candidates’ personal belongings during the testing session.
4. Visual monitoring of candidates through a window or via a video monitor. The viewing window or video monitor must be within easy viewing distance of the administrator’s work area. Many consumer grade video-monitoring systems also have audio capability. The use of audio monitoring is also recommended as an aide to proctoring.
5. A locked storage cabinet for Prometric’s testing clients’ exhibits and other testing supplies that is accessible by authorized personnel only.
A word from our partners:
Mesothelioma lawyers are becoming more and more important as Asbestos Lawyers are becoming scarce and Mesothelioma Lawsuits are on the rise: Thankfully a Mesothelioma Lawsuit can be handled by Mesothelioma Attorneys or a Mesothelioma Lawyer. Don’t wait for asbestos to take over hire your Mesothelioma Attorney today.
Small Business Web Design is becoming more expensive by the minute. Fortunately for most companies Affordable Web Design is also accessible for those looking for a Small Business Website. Phoenix Web Design specializes in Cheap Website Design, so do not fear or have seo concerns if your congregation is looking for Church Website Design either. Cheap Web Design is efficient and cost effective. Visit us today!Web design is so important for businesses to really gain an edge on their competition. Not having an online presence is almost career suicide. Please don’t be that company that wastes their time on pointless activities that don’t ever produce web development. Visit us today.